About Soap Stone Construction - Your Trusted Des Moines Remodeler
Soap Stone Construction has been taking care of Des Moines area homeowners since 2006. Initially started as a handyman service, we soon saw the need to focus on bigger jobs.
The demand from local area customers for high-quality remodeling work was higher than the supply. After taking on more full-scale renovation jobs than smaller handyman tasks, we made the professional transition to a reliable remodeling company.
Putting Our Skills to Work for You
We're in the business of making homes more livable, which means user-friendly as well as comfy and cozy. It's important to have a place that truly feels like your home sweet home.
Together, we work with each customer, showing them the options that they have and offering advice about making choices. Call us now for service from a remodeling company in Des Moines that genuinely cares about providing a beautiful, affordable, and stress-free job.
Our Process1. Initial contact/Phone call
- Discuss your existing home, proposed project, and past remodeling experiences.
- Further explore project needs, wants, desires.
- Inspect home for proposed project.
- Weâ€™ll be able to give you a ballpark range of where this project is going to come in at.
- Preliminary scope and budget are agreed on.
- Project Development Agreement signed.
- Take detailed measurements.
- Possibly have Trade Partners through.
- Review and sign off on design and selections.
- Proposal is reviewed and signed.
- Special Item ordering.
- Home visit to review project and schedule.
- Prepare home for construction.
- Floor protection, temporary plastic walls, etc.
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Update you on changes to the schedule.
- Meet with you to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work.
- (Note: We will not make any major scope changes until you have approved and signed a written Change Order)
- Clean up.
- Final walk through.
- Deliver your â€œStand Behind Itâ€ warranty and information packet.
- Walk you through the operation of your new fixtures or appliances.
- Contact you every 6 months of the warranty period to see how you are enjoying the work we performed for you and see if there is anything we need to adjust or repair.